First of all we would like to thank all of you to beeing with us and supporting us for our projects in year 2017. We hope you will join our projects in year 2018 too.
As we all know 30th of December 2017 we had GMSL volunteers meetup to discuss about following topics and here we update about the discussion points we made during the meeting.
1. Year 2017 Look Back
Conserve Sripada Garbage Cleanup 1.0 & 2.0 was successfully completed with the participation of 12 and 46 volunteers respectively with cleaning 350kg and 700kg garbage at sripada mountain.
Green Map Sri Coastal Cleanup 1.0 was successfully completed with the participation of 8 volunteers with cleaning 200kg garbage at Kollupitiya railway station and nearby coastal areas.
We would like to thank all the partnering organizations, volunteers and donors for supporting us to complete these projects
2. Year 2018 Project Plan
- January : GMSL coastal clean up 2.0 (Bambalapitiya railway station to Kollupitiya railway station)
- February : Conserve Sripada garbage cleanup 3.0 (Community driven garbage cleanup and educating people about the imortance of protecting sripada mountain)
- March : Field visit 1.0 to environmental hot spot for educating our volunteers about that eco system (new project)
- May : GMSL coastal clean up 3.0 (Bambalapitiya railway station to Wellawaththa railway station)
- June : Conserve Sripada garbage cleanup 4.0 (Off season garbage cleanup)
- July : Tree Planting 1.0 with reforest srilanka team (new project)
- August : Field visit 2.0 to environmental hot spot for educating our volunteers about that eco system (new project)
- September : GMSL coastal clean up 4.0 (Wellawatta railway station to Mount lavinia railway station)
- October : Tree Planting 2.0 with reforest srilanka team (new project)
- November : Conserve Sripada garbage cleanup 5.0 (Off season garbage cleanup)
3. Brainstorming New Project Ideas
New project ideas :
- Field visit to environmental hot spot for educating our volunteers about that eco system.
- Tree Planting with reforest srilanka team
4. Networking With Fellow Volunteers
During the meeting there were several new ideas came for future projects and we decided not to proceed them in year 2018 due to current project plan. But those new ideas will defenetly will convert in to projects in year 2019.
Also we would like to than all the volunteers, donors and partners for being with us and help us to proceed with all the projects and we expect all of you will be with us for our future projects too.
Green Map Sri Lanka Team